Wednesday 10 November 2010

Orginal Phots of Primlin task

For this Task, we had to go around Acland Burghley School to take pictures for our Prelin Task which is creating the Front cover and Contents page for a school magazine. We took photos in different locations around the school so that the target audience of the magazine which are teachers, students and parents can see images which are relatable and be identified to the school.











While taking different photos there where many things that I had to take into consideration in order to get a shot that represents and gives an image of the school. These things were:
  • Lighting: In order for my picture to be of a good quality the light balance had to be clear in order for the focus of the photo to be seen.  Also, if I wanted a photo to have a specific effect I had to create it. For example, if I wanted a shadow in my picture I would have to get an angle of the shot that represents a shadow being inside the photo.
  • Angle: While taking these photos I wanted to get each photo at different angle shots to make each shot look different and for each shot to give of different view points. To help me do this I used Close up, Mid-shots and Long shots to create a different feeling for each photo. By having a long Shot it allowed more of the shot to be in my picture giving the audience more in the picture by showing surrounding. I have used a close up shot of the Acland Burghley sign because I wanted to get the specific details on the board so that the audience can see it and also because Acland Burghley is the main focus of my task, I have to get an apropiate shot of the school name and sign as this is relevant. Also I took photos from different angles such as straight on angle and at side angles.

In some of the photos I found that the lighting came out a little dark, therefore in some of the shots were lightened in order to make the images have a better quality of light in them. As having a dark effect on the photo's gives of a different feel. I wanted the pictures of Acland Burghley to represent the school postively and having dark photos gives a dark negative feel.

During this task, I came over many challenges as children would not behave while taking the shot as they would do funny faces which depurpose the use of the photo as we wanted to catch children in there natural working environment. Therefore we had to take less photos with children in as many children did misbehave which was very disppointing as We wanted childen in most of our shots however over-all I believe we took good images of the school as my images shows a variety of different places in school giving the audience of the magazine a better pictures of what the school has to offer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment