Sunday 5 December 2010

Editing My Music Press Images

When all my images were taken, I had to edit them to make the photo's more appealing that they displayed my point therefore I wanted each photo to have a different effect and appeal to the audience. I edited all my photos on Picasa as Picasa has many different features on how you can edit your photo. I felt that Picasa was the best software to edit my photos.


Here is how I edited my Main image:




To get this effect on the photo, there were many different fixes which I had to do to get from the ordinary photo to the final edited photo.  The steps I had to take where :
  1. Crop the Photo - There was excess background in the shot which was not needed for the photo therefore I cropped a fair bit of the background out of the shot.
  2. I then changed the effect of the photo. On Picasa there are many different effects such as sepia, Add film grants and Tint the photo however I chose to edit the photo to make it have a black and white effect
  3. Once the effect was added I then Lightening the photo then I shadowed the photo to create a dark/light effect of the people body's being light but the background being black. Once the photo was shadowed the edit was complete.
This was an easy way to edit my photo's as I have had experience working on Picasa as this is were I edit a lot of my own photos. I edit my photo's using the effects that are displayed on Picasa therefore I already knew how to edit each photo to how I wanted each photo to look. To edit each photo roughly took me around 20 minutes so that I could ensure that each photo was edited to the best of my ability, and had the correct effect and Lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment