Sunday 5 December 2010

Photoshop Skills

During the making of my pre-lin magazine task, there were many skills that I learned while using Photoshop. I inputted these skills to the creating of my Music press; front Cover and Contents Page. I used Photoshop to create effects on my front cover and contents page to make a more attractive magazine that is appealing. Photo shopped helped me do this, as it allowed me to embrace different colours,different fonts and fonting effects which I could add to my magazine. It was also a crucial software as I used it for many photo's and layout of heading's that I peiced together and was used in my final outcome. I wasnt advanced when using Photo shop as I hadn't used it previously. This created a few problems as I didn't know how to use it, or how I could change my font with effects. This made me very slow at first, as I took extra time trying to create my font. However, when I gained experince I enjoyed using it, and gained basic skills that I can now re-use when I need to use this software again.    Here were some of the features of Photoshop that I learned:


This is the basic tool box which I used alot during the process. The tool box made me perform certain tasks such as selecting a photo to crop the photo down to a smaller size. It also allows me to input text, by adding a text box. While adding text, I can change the size, font and colour to what I prefer making the text more exciting which I done on many occasions. The tool box also allows me to erase any mistakes or pictures that I do not want which is necessary as mistakes are always made, as I deleted many photos which I thought did not fit in with my magazine. I also have the option to Blur, sharpen or smudge pictures or text which makes it look more appealing and more creative.  I think Photoshops Tool box is handy as it allows me to edit and change certain things on my magazine which helped me alot.



Photoshop also allowed me to change the colour of fonts. They have different ways to change the colour as seen in the 3 pictures. Changing a photo is very easy as photoshop is very easy to navigate as everything is clearly named making it very easy for me to use.
As you can see photoshop has many different colour options available,   which is handy because it gives me more of an option to choose from. A feature of photoshop is that once you have chosen a colour, you can make it dark or light depending on what shade of colour you want. Once I found the pink shade which I wanted, I lightened it a bit to give the colour a more girley feel because I wanted quite a light pink colour with a bit of darking added, and photoshop allowed me to have this effect.

This application which I learnt helped me create an effect to my font. It worked by me inputting my font onto photoshop, then I could edit the effects by adding a glow to border of the font, making the font have a bolder border or make the font have a Pop-out effect. Having this application on photoshop was handy as It allowed me to experiment with my font to see what effect was better for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment