Sunday 5 December 2010

Comparison between Prelin Task and My Magazine

Looking back and analyzing the preliminary task to my music press magazine, it is easy to see how my skills have been developed and how I have embraced the concept of inputing the right information that appeals to my target audience into my music magazine. I have made a comparison table to see what the similarities and differences are about both magazine which I made.  These are the Pre-Lin task and my music magazine called "Edgy Sound".


Similarities
Differences
I used one main image on both magazines as I feel that one image attracts the audience, and If I used more than one image I feel that all the images would over-power and dominant each other and this means that not one image stands out to the audience therefore I decided to use one main image on both magazines.
On the preliminary task magazine, there is no additional information around the image, as the magazine looks quite boring however on the music magazine its got lots of information informing the audience what is inside the issue. 
Both magazines have a good masthead which is clearly visible for the audience to understand and read. They are both centred in the middle of the top half of the music magazine, and both have a larger font size then the other font on the page.
In the Preliminary magazine there is no barcode or price, so the audience does not know how much the magazine will cost them but on the music magazine task there is a clear barcode with the price clearly displayed so that the audience knows how much the magazine will cost them. Also by adding these features makes the magazine look more professional and more compacted with information making the magazine look more interesting as there is loads of features inside. 
Both contents pages has a mixture of different images which are relevant to the magazine.  In the preliminary task the images are of the school and on the music magazine the images are off the artist the magazine is promoting.
The preliminary task also has no headline to grip the reader’s attention. Therefore the audience do not know what the main article is about, and this does not attract any of the audience to the magazine.
Both contents pages have titles informing the audience what is on each page also showing the page number. This is to indicate to the audience what article is what page, and this helps navigate them around the magazine.
In the contents page on the preliminary task, the contents page doesn’t go into depth on what the audience should expect from each page, it just gives a brief title of “pictures” but the audience do not know what kind of pictures as this is not indicated. 
Both magazines have a clear layout and it is very easy to the readers eye, as both magazines are not to over-powering which attracts the reader because the magazine looks very professional with a good layout.
The background colour on the preliminary task is white as this is not a bold colour, and it is not appealing as it is very bland, however on the music magazine front cover and contents page the background colour is black as this colour is very powerful and attracts the audience’s attention.

From this table, I can see the changes that I made from the designing process from the preliminary task to the final outcome of my music magazine. I feel as if I gained alot of key skills from the Preliminary task that I developed and inputted to create the final result of my music magazine.  From this I believe my music magazine is of a better quality as it includes the main important features such as Bardcode, the date, prices and a hint of the articles that are inside the magazine. It also looks more professional with the colour's that I used as I chose them to aim them at my target audience. I think I have made a clear table explaining the similarities and differences of both the pre-lin task and the music press magazine task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment